Snack: Vegetables (of course!); celery sticks with peanut butter, carrots, banana slices
hot chocolate with marshmallows and cold lemonade
Games: Red Light/Green Light
Science: conduction (hot water, wooden popsicle stick, plastic knife, metal knife, margarine)
Which conducts heat the fastest?
News: We will be moving to Wascana School starting next week. We will also be changing to Tuesday nights. This means that the next The Party will be Tuesday, October 26 from 6:00 to 8:00.
There are several bonuses to changing locations:
- We've really outgrown Daryl and Kristen's house (this is a big one).
- It's more accessible for children with disabilities (the narrow stairs were a hindrance for some children)
- We'll have gym space. As it's getting cold and dark out, it will be a big benefit to have an indoor space.
- Most of the children already go to Wascana School, so they are familiar with it.
Some possible disadvantages will be:
- Some of our helpers (Daryl and Sarah M.) have a night class on Tuesdays until Christmas; so we will need new and/or more helpers.
- We will likely have to transport many/all of the children to and from the school.
So.... we're looking for more helpers - Tuesday nights from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Wascana School. (This will count as community service hours for students).Needs: Indoor play equipment (such as balls, a ball pump, bean bags, etc.)